Friday, October 14, 2011

Dreamy Closet Organization

Do you ever just have one of those days that starts out the wrong way and then CONTINUES throughout the day with bad vibes and  unfortunate mishaps?  My morning started with my closet shelf falling on me before work.  It also ended with a newly hung wine shelf on the floor.... all off the glasses shattered on my hard wood floors.

I was bound and determined to take my bad luck with the closet and turn it into an unplanned, yet successful project.  So what if the shelf fell?  Now, I had to figure out how I wanted to organize it.... and I knew just where I needed to go for my inspiration... The Container Store!!!

The Container Store was having a sale on shelves (and tip: also another one on Christmas Eve-- 25% off shelving!)  I found, and fell in love with, Elfa shelves.  You can mix and match shelves to tailor any size closet.  I was particularly inspired by the shoe shelving.  The shelves maximize vertical space and the racks pull forward so you can pull out your shoes!  I mixed and matched the types of pull-out shelves so I could alternate between flat shoes and heels.  By maximizing my shoe space, I was able to hang the fallen clothes on the other side of the closet.  Check out the before and after photos below.

Before







After


I bought a boot box which is holding two pairs of winter boots underneath the bottom rack of shoes.  The shelves were hung just high enough off the ground so that it could fit underneath the bottom shelf.  There's plenty of room on the shelves for dozens of shoes and you can see I also put a few purses on the top. 

Is this a shoe lover's dream or what?!  I couldn't be happier with the finished product!  And I'd be remiss if I didn't extend many many thanks to my wonderful Nick for all of his handy work hanging the shelves.  Oh yea, and also thank him for his patience as I picked between dozens of options for the shoe shelving.





No comments:

Post a Comment